[Bigjob-users] Removal of BigJob in CSA installation

Andre Luckow aluckow at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 9 15:47:29 CST 2011

Hi Andre,
yes setting up the PATH right would work, but it is quite error-prone
and difficult to debug. For example, if you spawn a BJ to a remote
resource where the PATH stuff is differently setup you end up with a
mess.

That's why we would prefer to have the user explicitly add BJ. This
way it can be ensured that the user uses the BJ it wants to use and
NOT accidentally ends up using the one that comes with CSA (which is
already several versions behind the current PyPi release). We already
had several issues related to the usage of different BJ versions in
the same app.

Making things explicit really would help!

Thanks,
Andre