[Bigjob-users] Cannot rollback transaction (the error causing the rollback was: Cannot begin transaction.)

Ole Weidner oweidner at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 16 18:20:42 CST 2011

Hi Andre,

I'm not sure, but I think this has to do with long running big job instances. In the context of my developments with bigjob, I have a big job / pilot job running for hours and hours and not necessarily processing work units.

If I have an active bigjob instance with a 'fork://localhost' pilot and wait let's say an hour and then query the status of the big job, I get either the error below or the whole thing just hangs indefinitely. Has that been observed before?

I suspect that it might have something to do with advert connections that are kept open but maybe are closed after some time on the PostgreSQL side?

Cheers
Ole