[Bigjob-users] Reg: An issue while running a test Bigjob

Ole Weidner oweidner at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Nov 26 23:31:05 CST 2011

Hi,

I don't see how http://faust.cct.lsu.edu/trac/bigjob/wiki/ce would help in this case. Frankly, I don't understand the "fix" at all. There's no explanatio. Also, please note the subtile difference between Muralidhar's problem:

Unable to establish connection to database_connection: dbname='advertdb' host='localhost' password='<password>' port='5432' user='<username>'

and the one in the FAQ section:

Unable to establish connection to database_connection: dbname='advertdb' host='advert.cct.lsu.edu' password='<password>' port='8080' user='<username>'

IMHO the role of the advert service is not made very clear in the BigJob documentation and could easily become a stumbling block for the casual BigJob user without any SAGA experience. In general, I think that this needs to be addressed one way (replacing advert with something else) or the other (make it more transparent to the user) in order to make BigJob more user-friendly. I think the 'legendary' HECToR project made the same suggestion a while ago ;-)

Cheers,
Ole