[Bigjob-users] BigJob installation page comments

Yaakoub El Khamra yelkhamra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:46:12 CDT 2011

I have a few comments regarding the bigjob documentation, particularly
the install page:
http://faust.cct.lsu.edu/trac/bigjob/wiki/install

A fair amount of the instructions are regarding softenv, which is
phased out on xsede/teragrid resources. You might want to move this
down a bit.

The easy_install and virtualenv are not installed by default on most
xsede/teragrid machines. This means the user will run into errors
trying to install that way.

The bootstrap works but needs tweaking. I need to be able to specify
my own python for bigjob to use and install it in my own location as
opposed to a .python directory in $HOME. There are many problems with
having python code installed to $HOME, mostly relating to performance,
so let's not do that.

Otherwise, the documentation is fine in my opinion.

Regards
Yaakoub El Khamra