[Bigjob-users] BigJob installation page comments

Yaakoub El Khamra yelkhamra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:28:21 CDT 2011

> Hi Yaakoub,
> I understand your concern regarding the user-level Python
> installation. The documentation just explains how a user can install
> BigJob in user-space. If possible, BJ should be installed in
> system-space (e.g. the CSA space). It is as easy as typing:
>
> easy_install bigjob
Yes, I will install it in the CSA on ranger/lonestar for everyone to
use and will create a module as well. This will not always work
though: the easy_install requires root access and if a user wants to
try bigjob on their own machine/cluster and do not have root access,
they are pretty much stuck.

The same applies if they use the vritualenv. The bootstrap is what I
used which works fine. The SVN checkout should be added as a possible
installation mechanism.