[Bigjob-users] Warning: Using unsupported Python version

Andre Luckow aluckow at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 3 13:17:09 CST 2012

Hi Ole,
yes, that's what Pradeep put there in order to reduce the "support"
calls. There was a basic configuration (with the Advert backend) that
works with Python 2.4, but things tend to break from time to time
since I am not actively testing BJ with Python 2.4. With a newer
Python version you are definitely on the safe side.

Best,
Andre

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Ole Weidner <oweidner at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> what do you mean with "not usable with older Python versions"? According to the website BigJob needs at least Python 2.6.
>
> I tried to run BigJob with Python 2.4 and got a "Warning: Using unsupported Python version". After that, I didn't see any other log messages.
>
> - Ole
>
> On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Andre Luckow wrote:
>
>> Hi Ole,
>> what did go wrong?
>>
>> I had BJ fail before, but then people complained that it is not usable
>> with older Python version.
>>
>> Best,
>> Andre
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Ole Weidner <oweidner at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I get the following warning with Python 2.4:
>>>
>>> 01/03/2012 01:09:30 PM - bigjob - DEBUG - Using SAGA C++/Python.
>>> Warning: Using unsupported Python version
>>>
>>> This should result in a failed import rather than just a warning. I have BigJob encapsulated in my own code and It took me a good while to figure out what was actually going wrong here, since nothing obviously failed…
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Ole