[Bigjob-users] [saga-users] Local installation of SAGA and running example of BIGJOB

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Dec 6 13:34:33 CST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Kundan Kadam <kkadam1 at tigers.lsu.edu> wrote:
> This is embarrassing

embarrassing for us, not for you! ;-)

> but I am having trouble installing SAGA locally
> on any of the Futuregrid machines. I could only install SAGA core on
> hotel, but none of the python bindings or adapters. Problem is
> location of python, even when it is apparently correct, there's an
> error saying boost python flags/ headers not found. Am I missing
> something obvious or should I contact Futuregrid support?

boost-python does not play well with the default python installation on
many machines, including on FG.  That is the reason why we install boost
and python along with SAGA for our CSA installations on the FG machines.
Painful.

> However I could get the the preinstalled SAGA loaded into my environment. (using
> http://www.saga-project.org/documentation/deployment/xsede-fg) I got
> the BIGJOB installed.  (Using method b of
> http://faust.cct.lsu.edu/trac/bigjob/wiki/install) And apparently it
> works because I can say import saga and import bigjob in python
> without errors.

Great :-)

> Problem is running examples. (example_local_single.py etc) The
> tutorial (http://faust.cct.lsu.edu/trac/bigjob/wiki/Tutorials) says
> just to run it without modifying the file. But it gives an error
> saying "Are you sure you have access to localhost?" or similar. Do I
> need to configure the framework before that somehow?

I leave that for the bigjob gurus to answer...

Best, Andre.

--
Nothing is ever easy...