[Bigjob-users] API Changes?

Andre Luckow aluckow at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 3 04:57:21 CST 2012

Hi Ole,

> has the API for bigjob changed? The examples in SVN trunk (and linked via trac) don't seem to run with bigjob 0.3.37 (the last version working for me):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "examples/bigjob-only.py", line 35, in <module>
>    from bigjob import bigjob, subjob, description
> ImportError: cannot import name bigjob

Yes, the API slightly changed (but it's still backward compatible). I
simplified the import statements by defining the main API objects in
the main package. Also, I removed the SAGA dependency on API-level
(otherwise things would be too confusing and people might end up using
Bliss and SAGA C++ together). Thus, description is defined as an
extension to saga.job.description. Nevertheless, BJ still works with
saga.job.descriptions. Since the examples on the web page are linked
to the trunk - they only match the current version (although - I can't
find an example called bigjob-only.

> Also, it seems that the API documentation is outdated: https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/saga-projects/applications/bigjob/trunk/generic/doc/index.html
Thanks, I updated the API documentation.

Best,
Andre