[Bigjob-users] bigjob on teragrid/xsede

Andre Luckow aluckow at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jan 4 15:22:48 CST 2012

Hi Yaakoub,
the bootstrap script in variant c) installs virtualenv automatically
for the user. Option d) should work. We just migrated to Github
yesterday - so there might be some issues. Not sure why your git
version doesn't accept the Github certificate. But, you can also clone
the repository via HTTP.

git clone http://github.com/drelu/BigJob.git

or the native git protocol

git clone git://github.com/drelu/BigJob.git

Or alternatively, the good old SVN.

I think we have many options to install BJ (maybe to many for a normal
user). I personally prefer the virtualenv alternative since this is a
clean way to manage all your Python libraries in user space.

Best,
Andre