[Bigjob-users] Cannot access Redis from compute nodes on alamo.

Andre Luckow aluckow at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:54:28 CST 2012

Hi Ole

> If this is *not* the default case and only a fall-back solution, I strongly
> suggest that we make it the default case, otherwise we will keep on running
> into trouble like this! Change BigJob in that regard should be sufficiently
> easier than trying to keep versions consistent across n number of machines?

It is the default case if no BigJob installation is found. In this
case BJ is found in the PYTHONPATH, thus, it is used. I think there
should be always a possibility for the user to override the default
behavior and that's what is done here.

@AndreM: Could you please delete the old BJ from the node c079 on Alamo?

Thanks,
Andre