[Bigjob-users] Cannot access Redis from compute nodes on alamo.

Andre Merzky andremerzky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:04:01 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Andre Luckow <aluckow at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Ole
>
>> If this is *not* the default case and only a fall-back solution, I strongly
>> suggest that we make it the default case, otherwise we will keep on running
>> into trouble like this! Change BigJob in that regard should be sufficiently
>> easier than trying to keep versions consistent across n number of machines?
>
> It is the default case if no BigJob installation is found. In this
> case BJ is found in the PYTHONPATH, thus, it is used. I think there
> should be always a possibility for the user to override the default
> behavior and that's what is done here.
>
> @AndreM: Could you please delete the old BJ from the node c079 on Alamo?

How:

  -bash-3.2$ ssh c079
  Warning: Permanently added 'c079,10.141.0.79' (RSA) to the list of
known hosts.
  Connection closed by 10.141.0.79

Is it possible to interactively connect there?  Why should that node
have a different CSA installation than the head node?  I only install
CSA on head nodes...

Best, Andre.

--
Nothing is ever easy...